“Health care is not only a civil right, it’s a moral issue.”
– Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-RI)
– Rep. Randy Neugebauer (R-TX) to Rep. Bart Stupak (D-MI), who was speaking during the intense health care debate on the House floor.
“It’s time to chill out, Republicans.”
– Rep. Bob Filner (D-CA)
“There is no downside for the Republicans. Only for Americans.”
– Michael Steele, chairman of the Republican National Committee
“He won, and the American public likes success.”
– Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) on Pres. Barack Obama.
“We plan to file the moment Obama signs the bill.”
– Greg Abbot, Texas attorney general, on his intentions to challenge the constitutionality of the health care legislation.